FOLLOW THE JOURNEY!

The adventures and escapades of a norseman. Lost and a long way from home, but with a motto: "Kill only time, take only memories, leave only bubbles".

The "old section", the one containing the central America trip 2007 is in Norwgian only, and a messy thing it is. I will try to keep this one cleaner:) I should also mention that my motto is stolen form the Utila Dive Center logo. What a place! Got a few pcitures from the trip, gathered in the slideshow to the right, but I will try, or rather make sure, not to loose my camera this time.

The slideshow below will be updated when ever I put a new picture in a post.

Enjoy!

Monday, February 2, 2009

Dahab!

Leaving Sharm was not very hard. The second, and last evening I actually met some nice people, offcourse they are everywhere, just a bit harder to spot them in places like Sharm. James, an englishman, crazy old freak, but "one hell of a bloke". Plays the drums and his brother played in the Damned and Johnny Rottens band after the Sex Pistols, was it PIL? Anyway crazy old punks!


I went to Dahab by bus. Although every taxi driver I met said they could take me there for a good price. Only fifty times more than the bus ticket... hehe! They all know how to earn some money down here. The bus to Dahab costs 11 LE, wich is something like 1,5 euros or something. They ride went smoothly. I slept all the way, except when stopped on some amry checkpoint. They have been really strict after the bombings that happened in Sharm som time ago. In Dahab too actually.

So I am back at the right path, just where I belong. Dahab was basicly an old Beduin fishing village, that turned hippie in the 80's, and tried to turn into a tourist attraction after Israel invaded Sinai. Still its not that bad, yet. Some resorts are beeing built around the new centre, Dahab city, but I far away from all that.


I live in Sindbad Camp, a real backpackers place, and I realize, however worn out the term might be - that is what I am. The staff is as nice and friendly as anyone can be and took about 6 minutes to feel like one of the family. I think it is owned by a Dutchman. Tend to end up at a dutch place every time I find a laidback place -strange. They charge me 40 LE a night, but also have rooms to 25 LE, small but I am there for sleeping only. The camp is filled with people from all over and I have not met two persons here with the same nationality, except for the Egyptians.

In Dahab you can do two things. Either do nothing at all or go scuba diving, so this is how I will spend my time here. Offcourse you can also arrange all kinds of excursions and safaris, but we will see. I would like to get some people and rent a car on my own and go sightseeing, but nothing is certain. For now I will just relax!

2 comments:

  1. Høres ut som du er på rett spor nå! STÅ PÅ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Javisst, vi følger med deg! Ta masse bilder og ikke mist masse ting nå.. Krava, du veit hva du må gjørra med de.

    ReplyDelete